It's Wake Up Wednesday at Victor!
This week's theme is Heroes and we are focusing on our local heroes: Mr. Pings & Collin Riley
"Heroes represent the best of ourselves, respecting that we are human beings. A hero can be anyone from Gandhi to your classroom teacher, anyone who can show courage when faced with a problem. A hero is someone who is willing to help others in his or her best capacity."
A message from Kid President about heroes.
Student Council Speeches
Here is the take on picture day.
- Grades K-8 have ordering envelopes.
- Grades 9-11 - Cost is $4 for 4 proofs.
- Coaches should have given athletes sports envelopes for team pictures
- All students, staff & faculty must have their pictures taken for Infinite Campus and yearbook (seniors, too) regardless of whether you are purchasing photos or not.
- We will start at 8:30 am in the gym foyer with the kindergarten and work our way up to seniors.
- Middle school volleyball will take their pictures after lunch.
- High school and middle school football and high school volleyball will be after school.
- Please make checks payable to Images by Stephen or have exact change.
- Be sure to fill out order forms accurately and completely
- Comb your hair, brush your teeth and smile.
- Travel Club mandatory meeting after school in Profe Carrie's room
- Mid Quarter 1
- Picture Day
- MS Volleyball Game Vs. St. Joes (A) 5:30 Bus leaves at 4PM Yellow
- MS Football Game Vs. Darby (A) 3PM Bus lease at 1:45 Yellow
- MS Volleyball Game Vs. Valley Christian (H) 4PM
- HSVB Vs. Alberton (A) 5:30 Bus leaves at 3:45 Yellow
- HSVB Vs. Granite (H) 4PM
Next Wednesday 10/8, 5:00- 8:00 p.m. (parent-teacher conferences):Travel Club is hosting a fun-packed Silent Auction Event and Peruvian dinner (recipes from Peru). Items include Lost Trail tickets, gift cards, power tools and more...Tell your folks and we'll see you there!!
Also, Travel Club students are selling $1 raffle tickets for a chance to win a $50 Walmart gift card (new video game?! book?! Christmas presents?!). Drawing to be held 10/8.
There will be an UMBRELLA FOR THE ARTS meeting in Mr. Arvish's room at 4:30, Tuesday, October 7. This program provides additional funds for programs, supplies, and activities related to fine arts, including music, drama and art. We will discuss fundraising activities and would really like to see some students get involved. If you're interested or have questions, please talk with Mr. Arvish, or simply show up for the meeting. Parents are also welcome to attend.