Monday, April 15, 2013

April 15, 2013 Pay your taxes!!!! Or else..

Good Morning, Pirates!!!!

Quote of the Day:

Five quotes from Jackie Robinson, on the 66th Anniversary of Jackie Robinson breaking the color barrier in Major League Baseball:






"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives."

"I'm not concerned with your liking or disliking me... all I ask is that you respect me as a human being."

"It kills me to lose. If I'm a troublemaker, and I don't think that my temper makes me one, then it's because I can't 
stand losing. That's the way I am about winning, all I ever wanted to do was finish first."

"Life is not a spectator sport. If you're going to spend your whole life in the grandstand just watching what goes on, in my opinion you're wasting your life."

"There's not an American in this country free until every one of us is free."


This is Jackie Robinson stealing home in the World Series against the Yankees.

Every player in the Major Leagues today will wear number 42 in honor of Jackie Robinson.  




Today's Lunch:


*Fresh Fruit/Veggies
Tuna Casserole,
Peas,
Fresh Cauliflower,
Apple Pie Bites


TRACK!!!  Stay tuned for tomorrow with some video (hopefully!) coming!

In the meantime....


Darby/Florence Meet Placers:
Kyle Ball- 4th place in the 100, and 1st place in the High Jump
Blake Bowen- 6th place in the 110 Hurdles
Boys 4x1 Relay (Zac Agee, Caleb Rich, Kyle Ball, Nate Bishop) 2nd Place
Boys 4x4 Relay (Caleb Rich, Zac Agee, Nate Bishop, Marshall Ives) 6th Place
Nate Bishop- 3rd in the Long Jump, 2nd in the JV pole vault
Zac Agee- 2nd in the Triple Jump
Ethan Etter- 1st in the JV 800
Greg Charlton- 3rd in the JV 800
Steven Scheffer- 5th in the JV 1600
Carlyjean Conley- 6th in the Discus, 6th in the Shot
Skye Mitcham- 5th in the Long Jump, 2nd in the JV 100
Shai Scheffer- 3rd in the Triple Jump
Michaela Portner- 4th in the JV 100 hurdles, 1st in the JV Triple Jump, 3rd in the JV Long Jump
Maddy Richards- 5th in the JV 1600, 3rd in the JV 800
JV Boys 4x4 (Matt Kittel, Terrell Sherrill, Mike Schilling-Faust, Kolton Benish) 2nd place.
I know I am leaving someone out. I don't have the JV results, so this is what I had written down.  Everyone did a great job.  Lots of personal bests. 
Missoula County Public Schools Meet (We were the only school under a Class A school there)
Kyle Ball- 4th in the javelin, 4th in the triple jump (He was 1 inch off of the school record and barely fouled a jump by less than an inch that was 7 inches further than the Class C state record). 




Don't miss out on the memories! It's not too late to order a yearbook. Cost is $45 and you can reserve yours with just $20 down and pay the rest when they arrive at school.  See any yearbook member or Mrs. Taylor to order.

This week in Victor!!!!

Monday 15
  • Senior Trip
  • My Voice Survey
Tuesday 16
  • Senior Trip
  • Festival Concert   7:00
Wednesday 17
  • RCCC Training  7-noon
Thursday 18
  • MS Track at CORVALLIS       9:00             BUS LEAVES AT 7:30
Friday 19
  • District Music Festival 2:30-6 PM
Saturday 20
  • HS Track  SSHS Invite     10:00AM         Bus Leaves at 8:15AM
  • District Music Festival  9-6


6th Grade Boys!!!  Please stay in your seats after everyone leaves Ethos today. 

http://www.history.com/videos/jackie-robinson-changes-the-face-of-america#jackie-robinson-changes-the-face-of-america

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jwMj3PJDxuo

6th Grade Boys!  Don't forget!  We have a unique opportunity for you!






No comments:

Post a Comment