Monday, October 24, 2016

Entrance music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUUhDoCx8zc
Today is Monday, October 24, 2016

We will continue to feature one of the 8 Conditions that our school values as important. These are to develop character education and this week’s theme is: BELONGING.

Image result for sense of belonging


Sense of belonging
I always looked for a sense of belonging
A calling
Something I could claim as my own
I searched for something inside me
But never felt at home
And as people started to find themselves
I was stuck in a hole
Not knowing who I was
Searching long and hard
For my soul
People told me to be whoever I wanted
And I just wanted to be free
But this secret kept a hold on me
It latched on and wouldn't let go
And I knew I had to let it go
But this whole feeling of belonging
Stopped me in my tracks
I couldn't look back
See it turns out that I knew who I was
But I hoped along the way
It would change
I would hopefully outgrow these feelings
Even though deep down I knew they would stay the same
So my sense of belonging quickly went away
And I had to be ok with it
The sad thing is
I spent so much time pushing it away
Instead of smiling and being ok
So much time lost trying to find a new me
So much time lost trying to be free
Instead of living
  • Jackie Harrington



Belonging Short Film


From the galley:  

24
Swedish Meatballs,
Rice,
Pineapple,
Molasses Cookie
25
Chicken Strips,
Italian Pasta Salad,
Celery Sticks,
Fruit
-Salad bar-
26
Chili Cheese Fries,
Salad,
Cherry Tomatoes,
Orange Wedges
-Salad bar-
27
Corn Dog,
Corn Chips,
Baby Carrots,
Grapes

Monday 24
  • MSBBB Practice begins 4:30
  • HS Art Field trip to UM
Tuesday 25
  • All Conference Meeting 9AM.  Press Box
  • MSFB Awards 6:30
Wednesday 26
Thursday 27
Friday 28
  • District Volleyball at Seeley 10AM.  Bus leaves at 7AM.  Coach
Saturday 29
District Volleyball TBA
HSFB Play-off Game VS Great Falls Central (H) 1:00.  

Counseling Office News: (please don’t erase)



The Ravalli Electric Co-op is sponsoring the Youth Tour to Washington D.C   If you are interested please see Ms. Arechaga.

FFA NEWS:

  • If a FFA jacket was ordered for you please bring in your money to Ms.Tintzman. ASAP

  • Madison Bahr -$50
  • Emma Day-$50
  • Ian Brown-$50
  • Cassidy Buchanan-$50
  • Taylor Seppel-$75
  • Ashley Hopper-$50
  • Teasha Johnson-$50
  • Lilly Challinor-$50
  • Alexis Scichilone-$50
  • Shelbi Harberts-$50
  • Cameron Stewart-$50
  • Daven Woodard-$80






On Thursday, October 27th there will be a spooky movie night put on by the Juniors! This will be a perfect way to start your Halloween weekend!
$3/HS        $2/Elementary & MS



Now for Sale in the Library
White    Sizes: Youth Small to Adult 2X        $10
Yellow    Sizes: Adult Small to 2X            $12
Transfer Only (bring your own garment)         $4
Thank you for supporting Victor Drama and your Pirates!

THE HAUNTED HALLWAY
Written by Anonymous
(Please scroll down).

Terry and Joe were walking towards the older wing of their high school when Terry remarked, “I think our art teacher is a strange gypsy fortune teller.”

“Why do you think that?”, said Joe.

“Did you ever notice how she sort of mutters to herself while she peers into that sink in her art room and if there’s nothing in it she tells you to have a good day, but if there are dirty brushes in there she predicts you’re going to be late for your next class?”

Joe snorted a laugh. “Ha! A real clairvoyant! Brrr, it is suddenly so cold over here and it sort of smells like my basement.”

“That’s nothing!”, Terry continued as the students walked along. “The science teacher put his hairy hand on my lunch tray and actually sniffed my salad!”

“What?” said Joe, “That’s sort of weird…”

“Yep. I looked at his hand and have you ever noticed it looks like a wolf paw? I tell ya! When he stopped sniffing my lunch he started to scratch at his shirt collar as if his tie was too tight. I swear his nostrils were flaring and he was sort of growling, too!”

Somewhere nearby a locker door slammed shut and the two students looked up, startled.

“Oh! Sorry about that, you two! I suppose that was way too loud!” said the librarian standing in front of the metal locker door. She appeared to be holding it shut behind her back. She stared at them expectantly. The teenagers stared back as an uncomfortable silence passed. They could all hear the eerie electric crackling of a faltering  fluorescent light as it flickered on and off on the ceiling just above them. The strangely-colored light made the librarian’s purple lipstick appear almost black. She continued to peer back at them and the two felt momentarily paralyzed.

Joe cleared his throat, “Ahem.” He looked at Terry, who lifted an eyebrow back at him, nodding towards the dim hallway. “Well, my mom said a marmot broke into our truck, again, so, I, TOTALLY better go help her…”

“Oh, uh, yeah,” said Terry, “And I forgot I was supposed to get, like, ten of my molars investigated”.

“Don’t forget, you two! I want your blood!” called the librarian.

Joe and Terry looked back in alarm.
“For the blood drive?” She grinned and nodded avidly at their arms holding school books. They noticed for the first time she was entirely clothed in heliotrope.


The teenagers quickly waved goodbye and rushed off down the hall at a rapid pace, eyeing each other warily.

 “Hola Muchachos!” said a festive skeleton leering cheerfully from inside a classroom doorway. They could hear traditional Mexican folk music being played inside the room. The skeleton was adorned with a flowered crown and had dark circles around her glittering eyes. “Join us for some “Bread of the Dead”. Joe grimaced at the invitation.
 “Uh, no thanks, SeƱorita. I’ll stick with Wonder Bread”

 “So? Join-me-in-s-s-sss-tead!” stammered a woman next door. Her dark, staring eyes were opened wide and her curly black hair towered high on the back of her head. She had two discernable white streaks running in wavy lines on either side of her hair-do. Squinting, Terry thought she could see stitch marks on the woman’s neck, but it was mostly black thread sewn on an elaborate imported scarf. “We’re-going to make some-plans for another-Student Council event”.

 “Snap!” said Terry, trying to regain her composure. Her eyes reluctantly tried to catch another glimpse of the teacher’s neck, but the woman held her scarf more closely, uttering an odd, breathy sigh. “Another time?? We’re going to be late for our junior first responder class. It’s just over here! We will see you soon, though!”

 Hearts pounding, the two teenagers almost ran now down the hallway past the next few rooms. They couldn’t help but notice the unusually long red and sharp fingernails of the next teacher writing strange, perhaps even ancient,  mystic symbols on her white walls. As she wrote, she chanted each incantation aloud as if summoning spirits while the English teacher next door could be heard reading a spine-tingling story to his class.
 “Villains! I shrieked. Dissemble no more! I admit the deed!...” The classroom was darkened except for a tiny desk light which showed an eerie LED glow from underneath his chin as he read to his wide-eyed charges, many of whom were cowering at their desks with their sweatshirt hoods up and their hands covering their mouths.
 “I admit the deed! Tear up the floorboards!...” He stopped abruptly to remind the students in the hallway to plan lots of fun decorations for the upcoming Halloween event. “We’re totally counting on your whole class, guys!”

 As Terry and Joe gave him a thumb’s up, the teacher’s voice faded as they continued down the cold, dank hallway. For a moment, things were very quiet. They became aware of the sound of not only their own footsteps, but those of a third and fourth party shambling loudly now behind them. Joe and Terry suddenly felt before they saw large hands reaching from just behind their heads. The hands seemed strangely, loosely bandaged with flesh-colored fabric. Joe let out a high-pitched shriek while Terry clapped a hand over his mouth to quiet him.

To be continued…
Image result for Haunted Hall

A Haunted Hallway is coming your way next week.  Ask a senior for more details...


Did you know:
Students can get free tutoring at the House that is Green across the street from the school every night from 5-9.  There is internet service and a teacher there each night.  Soon, there will be coffee for a nominal fee.  You can’t beat that…..

Attention all card-floppers, dice-chuckers, and gamers in general.  There will be an exploratory meeting Thursday after school to determine if there is enough interest to organize a Gaming Club here at Victor School.  All Middle and High School students welcome.  Meet in Mr. Bruner's room.  Gulman will be there, too! 


Other Announcements???????????

Have an awesome week, Pirates!

Please stand for the Pledge of Allegiance:

Exit Music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaZpZQG2z10


No comments:

Post a Comment